Healthy Drinks to Enjoy Everyday
We all know how important it is to drink two litres of water a day. Not only does it keep you hydrated, but it also helps your body to function properly. But what if we told you that you could also incorporate other healthy drinks to make up the ideal amount of fluids you need per day?
Now, we’re not saying that it’s going to have the same effect if you cut out water altogether and only drink sugary, fizzy drinks. However, incorporating some healthy drinks alongside your water intake to spice things up and make your day more enjoyable will definitely help you to have a more balanced lifestyle.
We have included some inspiration for healthy drinks you can easily make at home in this guide.
Healthy Energy Drinks
Healthy energy drinks are hard to come by, but you can make energising drinks yourself at home! All you need is water, fruit and a few herbs and spices. We have included some delicious energising drink ideas down below.
- Protein shakes - a lack of protein can be one of the main factors of fatigue in many people. Making a simple protein shake in the morning with greek yoghurt or protein powder alongside a mix of your favourite fruit is a fantastic way to start your day.
- Homemade ginger shot - Using a juicer or a strainer to extract the juices, mix 2 squeezed lemons, one inch of grated (and strained) ginger with a ¼ teaspoon of turmeric in a glass. Take the shot and enjoy!
Healthy Alcoholic Drinks
Now, alcoholic drinks are not technically healthy, but there are ways you can enjoy a weekend tipple without too much sugar and too many calories. We have a whole blog on low calorie alcoholic drinks, but we have also left some really great examples below.
- Spirit and sodas: Spirit and sodas are one of the healthiest alcoholic drinks, as a single shot of vodka can keep the calorie and sugar content down. Not only this, but soda provides added hydration that can help you avoid the dreaded hangover.
- Spirit and DASH flavoured sparkling water: Mixing vodka or gin with DASH sparkling water can be a great way to not only keep the calorie and sugar content down, but add some delicious flavour. There are so many flavours to choose from, including lemon, lime and even grapefruit.
- Red Wine - Red wine may not seem like the healthiest option, but it can actually have some health benefits when enjoyed in moderation. For example, some studies have shown that it can have some positive effects on your cardiovascular health.
Healthy Fizzy Drinks
Fizzy drinks are not usually considered healthy, as a lot of them often have a high sugar content. However, there are some fizzy or carbonated drinks that you can enjoy guilt free whenever you need a little pick me up.
- Flavoured sparkling water - flavoured sparkling water is one of the best ways to enjoy fizzy drinks without the guilt as they can have so many benefits. DASH sparkling water is naturally flavoured and 0 calories, meaning you can enjoy a multitude of flavours throughout the day without worrying about your health.
- Kombucha or probiotic soda - Kombucha and probiotic sodas are relatively new to the health scene, and are renowned for the benefits they can have on gut health. The way that kombucha is fermented gives it that natural carbonated flavour that is also known to contain probiotics that are known to help with digestion, inflammation and even weight loss.
- Sugar-free fizzy drinks - Sugar free fizzy drinks are okay when enjoyed in moderation, however drinking multiple a day isn’t recommended due to their Aspartame content.
Healthy Hot Drinks
Hot drinks are good for so many things. From helping you to wake up in the morning, to allowing you to wind down in the evening, they’re a mug of comfort that many of us could not go without. But what hot drinks are actually good for you?
- Green tea - Green tea is a great way to get your caffeine kick in the morning. It has less caffeine than coffee so can make you less anxious and jittery throughout the day when enjoyed in moderation. In addition to this, green tea is also said to have many health benefits that you would not be able to get from your regular latte.
- Ginger tea - Wholesome and warming, ginger tea is a great hot drink to enjoy throughout the day. You can buy it store bought or make it fresh by pouring boiled water over fresh ginger root and leaving it to brew. You could even honey for a little bit of sweetness! Ginger tea is known to treat things like nausea, alongside cold and flu.
- Hot lemon water - Hot lemon water is a great way to start your day. Not only does it provide that hit of hydration we need first thing in the morning, but it can also aid digestion while being a good source of vitamin C.There are many different drinks you can enjoy as part of a balanced diet. If you’re looking for a healthy drink that’s also a tasty treat, try DASH’s sparkling water today.